The Open Cultural Center is a Barcelona-based non-profit organization that supports an ongoing project in Polykastro, Greece. The goal of the OCC Polykastro project is to provide language education and cultural activities for refugees in transit areas. The OCC operates an informal language school for children and adults, a communal cafeteria space that serves as the hub of the project, and a kindergarten space where parents can leave small children while participating in lessons and activities.
The EU Projects & Volunteer Manager represents OCC in communications with the local and national Greek organizations, working to build bonds with the local Greek and resettled community around Polykastro, and to coordinate all OCC’s European programs and with a focus on volunteering.
See all the details about the position below.
Αρμοδιότητες και καθήκοντα
- Along with the Site Coordinator, building and maintaining relationships with Greek non-profit organizations with which OCC works.
- Drafting, submitting and managing Eu projects. Drafting and submitting project reports.
- Management of volunteers and activities along with the Site Coordinator.
- Creating activities and outreaching to engage with local Greek resident volunteers.
- Creating calls for volunteers, conducting interviews and managing the selection and preparation of the volunteers.
- Along with the Site Coordinator, conduct the preparation, monitoring and continuous support and training of the volunteers (both international and resident).
- Managing OCC’s ESC programs.
- Managing other EU projects including ka2, ka3, Amif and others.
- Representing the organisation in meetings with partner organisations and creating new partnerships.
- Serving as a member of the organization’s coordination team.
Competences and skills
- Bachelor degree on Social Sciences/Business or Public Administration, Migration/Education or similar with at least 1 year of experience in a similar position or high school diploma with at least 3 years of experience working in a similar position.
- Advanced university degree will be considered an asset.
- Advanced skills on MS Office, Google Drive, CRM platforms, Mobility Tool, EU Pass, EU admin system for beneficiary organisations, Youthpass, Cigna
- Insurance registration for beneficiary volunteers.
- Knowledge of the values and objectives of the European Solidarity Corps program.
- Ικανότητα ανάπτυξης και διατήρησης ισχυρών εργασιακών σχέσεων με κυβερνητικούς και μη κερδοσκοπικούς οργανισμούς.
- Υψηλά επίπεδα οργάνωσης και διαχείρισης έργων.
- Ability to speak Greek and English fluently both written and oral. Knowledge of Spanish, French or/and Arabic is an asset.
- Multitasking and prioritizing.
- Experience in managing projects, setting project management planning, drafting project presentations.
- Ability to oversee volunteers.
- Δέσμευση στην αποστολή του OCC, στους στόχους του έργου και στην ομάδα εθελοντών.
- Demonstrate an ability to work in teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ικανότητα εντοπισμού ευκαιριών μέσω μιας ολιστικής θεώρησης του έργου.
- Driving licence with at least 1 year of experience will be considered an asset.
One-year full-time initial contract. Salary of 700 euros/month. Monthly remuneration including Christmas and vacation bonus according to the national contract rules.
In case that the candidate does not reside in the municipality of Kilkis, possible accommodation in a shared flat with other members of the team is provided.
A friendly and inspiring environment for the candidate to develop competencies, learn and share new ideas.
Πώς να υποβάλλετε αίτηση
To apply send your CV and Cover Letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Deadline to apply 15th of August.
Due to the urgency for the placement, the position might be filled before the deadline.