The European Solidarity Corps is the new European Union initiative which creates opportunities for young people to volunteer or work in projects in their own country or abroad that benefit communities and people around Europe. European Solidarity Corps projects cover a wide variety of topics but all will be within the Mission of the European Solidarity Corps, and meet its Principles. The Open Cultural Center has been part of the ECS programme for some time and often offers new opportunities for young people to join our organisation! Both in Spain and Greece we offer various options.
Please note that The European Voluntary Service as a brand is discontinued and it is removed from the Erasmus+ programme. As of the end of 2018, the European Solidarity Corps is the main EU programme providing volunteering opportunities for young people. The Corps builds on European Voluntary Service’s success and quality developments.CHECK OPEN OFFERS
Accommodation, Food and Transport
The project is funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ programme. This means that volunteering via ESC includes:
- Travel costs (up to the limits established in Erasmus+ Guide distance calculator)
- Accommodation: you will share a flat in Barcelona with other volunteers. It will be fully equipped (kitchen, bathrooms, washing machine, etc). It is possible that you will share your bedroom with other volunteer of the same sex/gender.
- Monthly food + pocket money: 250€ approx.
- Insurance (CIGNA for ESC)
- Language course (classroom or online, Spanish)
- Young volunteers (18-30 years old)
- Depending on the location, able to communicate in English or/and Spanish or/and/ Greek (Arabic is an advantage)
- A motivated, sociable, proactive, open-minded, tolerant, creative and self-reliant person
- Someone who has no problems with sharing an apartment/bedroom with other volunteers.
Participants with fewer opportunities
OCC has additional mentoring or other support suitable for young people with social obstacles, educational difficulties, cultural differences or similar. Refugees should have refugee status or subsidiary protection in Greece plus travel documents.