Open Cultural Center (OCC) was established in 2016 in response to the European refugee crisis, and now manages cultural centers and residential programs for migrants and refugees in Spain and Greece. We are a small international team united by a commitment to break down barriers to social inclusion for migrants and refugees. We are active and growing, largely due to the support of a large number of volunteers. OCC emphasize the importance of participation and empowerment, developing autonomy, building communities and intercultural exchange. Our main projects include:
- Early childhood education center
- Socio-educational activities with children and youth
- Education activities for adults
- Women Space
- Transport and mobility projects to connect refugee camps to urban areas
- European Union projects that foster social innovation and exchange of best practices
OCC Greece is looking for a Site Coordinator to manage OCC projects. The Site Coordinator oversees all OCC’s activity and she/he is responsible for the efficient functioning of the project. The Site Coordinator is the focal point of communication with the organisation headquarters in Barcelona. She/he is responsible for external relationships, finance, management of human resources and the implementation of monitoring and evaluation processes. The person will directly manage a team of 3 members: EU projects officer, volunteer manager and logistics manager. The team includes 15-18 volunteers managed within the EU Solidarity Corps framework.
Responsibilities and tasks
The Site Coordinator is responsible for the following:
- Oversight of all the OCC Greece operational areas
- Carrying out the mission of the organization
- External representation of the organization
- Quality control and monitoring
- Management of human resources across the projects
- Management and implementation of M&E processes
- Budget and financial management of OCC Greece
- Support of communications and fundraising efforts
- Support for the drafting, control and justification of grants
- Contribution to the strategic development of OCC Greece.
- Report OCC Greece’s progress and challenges to the General Manager of OCC Greece and the OCC General Board.
Competencies and skills
- A minimum of 3 years experience managing projects and teams
- A minimum of 2 years of experience working with refugees and NGOs in the field
- Subscribe to the mission of OCC, the project objectives, and have affinity with working with volunteers
- Ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with public administration and non-profit organisations
- People management, strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Experience with monitoring & evaluation processes
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in a fast-paced and multicultural work environment
- Ability to successfully mediate in challenging situations between team members and/or OCC community members
- Ability to identify good opportunities for the organisation through a holistic vision of the project
- Perseverance to get things done in the face of obstacles
- Critical analysis skills
- Self-directed and thorough in working with procedures, databases and record keeping
- Highly organized with the ability to work under pressure and keeping deadlines
- Experience with budgeting and financial management
- Ability to speak English fluently and communicate in writing. Ability to speak Greek fluently and communicate in writing is a plus
- Experience with project management tools such as Google Apps, Trello, Airtable, Asana, etc.
What we offer
- Full-time position with a Greek contract
- Starting date asap
- Annual gross salary 17,800 euro
- 2-years renewable contract
- 40 hours per week from Monday to Friday, with one day-of remote working per week. Some hours will be during the weekend, due to work traveling or events.
- The Site Coordinator will be based in Polykastro.
- The opportunity to work in the passionate environment of a grassroots organisation in north greece with strong connections to our Barcelona branch
- An opportunity to work in an intercultural team consisting of employees, volunteers and external partners
- The opportunity to develop profound knowledge and experience in migration flows, management and inclusion.
- The possibility to join transnational meetings with partner NGOs throughout Europe
How to apply
Please use this form to apply: https://airtable.com/shrL2jvRowsOx1QXl.
Application deadline: 30 November 2022.