For this year, OCC Greece has 2 new ESC projects and is looking for 6 young international 2-month short-term volunteers and 4 young international 9-month volunteers. The projects are funded by the European Commission through the Erasmus+ program. This means that volunteering via ESC includes:
- Travel costs (up to the limits established in Erasmus+ Guide distance calculator)
- Accommodation: you will share a flat in Polykastro with other volunteers (6 people apartment). It will be fully equipped (kitchen, bathrooms, washing machine, etc). It is important to be ready to share your bedroom with other volunteer of the same sex/gender.
- Monthly food + pocket money: 270€ approx.
- Insurance (CIGNA for ESC)
- Language course (classroom or online, Greek)
Short-term ESC in high priority areas
The short term ESC consists of 5 rounds of 2 months each, starting the 1st of July. This means that you could participate in any of these rounds: July-August, September-October, November-December, January- February, March-April.
- Kindergarten teacher
- Communication Specialist
- English Teacher for kids and adults
- English Teacher for kids
- Greek Teacher for kids and adults
- Greek teacher for kids
Long-term ESC in high priority areas
The long-term ESC has duration of 9 months:
- Start date: 1st of July 2020
- End date: 31st of March 2021
There are different positions available:
Monitoring and Evaluation Volunteer
The volunteer will be responsible for developing quality control processes in accordance with OCC indicators, preparing reports to be shared with OCC donors, and assisting the coordination in writing grant proposals.
- Developing a system to track all OCC activities, including OCC partnerships with other NGOs.
- Collecting and managing qualitative and quantitative data.
- Tracking and reporting on trends.
- Generating and distributing satisfaction questionnaires to community members and volunteers that are aligned with OCC indicators.
- Assisting the home office in reporting on OCC Polykastro activities.
- Preparing reports or articles to be shared on OCC website or used as part of grant applications.
- Assisting the team with continuous improvement based on data trends, indicator findings, and results.
The volunteer will be responsible for preparing activities for kids aged 0-5 years old.
- Preparation of activities and material for the educational occupation of the kids.
- Creative occupation of kids while their parents are attending other OCC activities.
- Take shifts in our cafeteria space in order to facilitate new students’ registrations and be in charge of our bikes’ rental services.
- Participate in weekly meetings of OCC, discussing any possible malfunctions or practical problems concerning OCC activities.
2 Communication Specialists
The volunteer along with the rest of the communication team will be responsible for the internal and the external communication.
- Taking photos/videos of our activities.
- Manage and keep updated the association’s social media.
- Create posters or any other digital/artistic task that will promote our association.
- Keep an updated newsletter. Be in contact with other associations as well as our OCC branch in Barcelona.
- Create fundraising online campaigns and keep track of it.
If you are between 18 and 30 years old, ready to work with refugees, wish to live in an international environment and have the skills needed for these vacancies, apply now through sending your CV and motivation letter to: email@example.com.