Open Cultural Center (OCC) was established in 2016 in response to the European refugee crisis, and now manages cultural centers and residential programs for migrants and refugees in Spain and Greece. We are a small international team united by a commitment to break down barriers to social inclusion for migrants and refugees. We thrive with the support of a large number of volunteers and emphasize the importance of participation and empowerment, developing autonomy, building communities and intercultural exchange.
OCC Greece is looking for a Program Manager to oversee OCC projects and programming. The Program Manager has oversight of all OCC’s activity and she/he is responsible for the efficient functioning of the project and is the primary point of communication with the organization’s headquarters in Barcelona. She/he is responsible for external relations and for the management of human resources.
Responsibilities and tasks
The Program Manager of the project is responsible for the following:
- General oversight of the OCC Polykastro project.
- Carrying out the mission of the organization.
- Monitoring of the quality labels.
- External representation of the organization.
- Budget and financial management of OCC Greece.
- Responsibility over human resources within the project.
- Supervision of communications and fundraising efforts.
- Implementation and M&E of grants.
- Oversight of all the OCC Greece operational areas
- Contribution to the strategic development of OCC Greece.
- Report OCC Greece’s progress and challenges to the General Director and the Board.
Competencies and skills
The ideal candidate will have experience working with refugees and non-profits within Greece, as well as:
- At least 2 years of previous experience in working with refugees and/or in NGOs in the field.
- An ability to develop and maintain strong working relationships with governmental and non-profit organizations.
- High levels of organization and project management skills.
- Ability to speak English fluently and communicate in writing
- Desirable: ability to speak Greek fluently and communicate in writing.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel, SSPS, and/or a statistical software program.
- A commitment to getting things done in the face of obstacles.
- Experience with monitoring & evaluation.
- Ability to oversee people and strong leadership and decision-making skills
- Commitment to the mission of OCC, the project objectives, and the volunteer team.
- Ability to successfully mediate conflicts between team members and/or OCC community members.
- Demonstrated ability to lead teams in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to identify opportunities through a holistic vision of the project.
How to apply?
Send your CV + Motivation letter to email@example.com. Maria Serra is the main contact person for this job opportunity.